4/15/09

Onlive


I know this isnt a extremely new topic but thought Id throw it in here anyway.

Onlive Press Conference     

Onlive is a service which will run the games server-side, allowing you to access them immideatly and without having to think about the specs you have on your computer.

If this will work as promised I think it will be quite a exiting turn of events in the gaming industry. I very much doubt nintendo would back down but I could definatly see onlive killing off xbox and playstation if they reaped the success they are aiming for, unless either of the two find something to add to their systems to make them more unique (such as the Wii system from Nintendo.)

Im not sure how well this will work. According to the press conference they assume that people within 1000 mile radius from the server will recieve ~1ms latency max. It sounds a bit too good to be true, but crossing my fingers -if it works, that would be a whole new level of awesome.

On the other hand, I doubt this will work well with MMO's, specially not RCE's. So my system will still need upgrading.

Their beta-testing is starting this summer, US only. Good luck Onlive!

No comments: