10/4/09

How to Liberate Mars

... Well, in all honesty Mars shouldn't be liberated should it? I mean finally us girls have the upper hand it seems, in controlling sexuality and using that feminine Venus-power to control them, buwhahaha...

No seriously. I liberated Mars the other day by playing Red Faction: Guerilla. Its a fun game, Ill admit, but a bit repetitive. I gotta say its a blast to blow things up (fun pun, drumroll inserted.) even if destroying a whole EDF to itsy bitsy pieces means a bit of lag for my 8 gb ram/GTX 275 machine. 

The missions were pretty much the same though. Save hostages, Raid EDF, Defend the bases, Transport vehicles (which I found out was a whole lot easier when taking "en spansk en", shortcuts.) and blow things up in creative ways. The only storyline was the main one, and I gotta say I missed having some personality in the rest of the missions, instead of being so generic. 

When I finished the last mission I kind of hoped it would open up some fun and quirky missions, but no such luck. The only "personality" I really liked in RF:G was Jenkins. Cool dude. 
Either way what I realized when I ended the game was that I really missed the humor and weirdness of Fallout 3. Missing another game when ending one, isn't really the ideal. But RF:G was worth the money, still.  

Anyway, I think Ill play the F3 expansionpacks now, as I haven't done that yet.

No comments: