6/4/09

You want thingamabobs? I got 20.

I was bored tonight. Late nights -its been alot of those lately. And I was surfing youtube, and began listening in on old Disney-songs.

When I was little, there was definatly two favorites of mine: Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. My favorite disney-song was no doubt "Part of that world", sung by Ariel. It wasn't until now, when Ive grown up that I really see why I liked that song so much, why it spoke to me.

Okay, Im no big fan of psychoanalyzing -yet I found it interesting to see the paralleles from that song to my real life, both as a kid and as a teenager. I had whosits and whatsits galore as a kid, since my family owns a toystore. You know, toys are the statussymbol when you're a kid -and even if much of my toys were broken things that was returned to the shop -thats not something the people in my class cared much about when they came over to visit.

I seemed to have everything, at least through their eyes. But I always felt like something was missing. I just didnt know what.

Its funny to see it now, Ariel talking about her having everything, except feet. As most know; I have arthirtis and I spent a brief time in a wheelchair.

Hell, Jerry even looks a bit like Eric, the prince in The Little Mermaid. Imagine that. And I know its no secret that Im one of those people who get suckerpunched by love, and will go a great great length for it, just like a certain main character.
The irony of it all. I guess if you look for things like these, they will always become apperant.

Granted, I cant sing for shit.

No comments: