1/3/11

Happy New Year!

Bloody hell Im bad at this blogging thing, eh? I gotta remind myself to keep writing here.

So anyway, a funny story about me and Jerry's Christmas-presents.

For a long time now, we've thought about getting a Wii. Usually we play such "serious" games as strategy, RTS, MMO's and FPS, and the Wii would be good for 3 things:
  • A different, more casual type of entrainment
  • A good console for having friends over
  • The Wii Fit.
So of course I figured it'd be a perfect gift this year, and called up to Hammerfest in November to reserve a 25th Anniversary Wii. My family owns a toyshop which happens to sell Nintendo so that was only a natural thing to do. When we got up to Hammerfest for the Christmas vacation, we browsed the shop and looked at the Wii's. Jerry said "The Red one is the nicer one, isn't it?" and I agreed, now happily having it confirmed that I had made the right choice over the Black or White Wii. I couldn't wait for him to unwrap it at Christmas eve.

Pretty!

Now it belongs to the story that my family lives on top of this toyshop. The shop is on level 1-2 while their apartment is on 3rd and 4th floor, which is also where we stayed during our visit.

So one day, I believe it was the 22nd December, I'm in my pyjamas, and Jerry goes out to the minibank to get money for some reason I cannot remember. Suddenly by stepdad comes running up to the apartment SCREAMING my name, and then says that Jerry is downstairs buying me a Wii for Christmas. The Red One.

God damn man stole my Christmas-present idea! Now I had to let my stepdad pretend like nothing, because I didn't want Jerry to know that I knew what his gift was - after all the greatest thing about gifts is giving them, and I didn't want to rob him of that feeling of getting a great gift... Even if he just stole mine.

Christmas Eve came and I'm not sure I've ever seen such a crazy amount of gifts underneath the tree, especially considering that the youngest in the house is 17 soon 18. In the midst of the unwrapping mayhem I was trying to keep track of some of my presents; some of them were not to be opened until later.
And then I got my present from Jerry, and I gave him his present from me. I brought out my poker-face; weighted the box, sized it up, made a comment that these shoes were heavier then I thought they would be. And I opened it up and I had a sincere smile of glee, not because Im good at faking it, but because the moment was so precious knowing what was coming. And then he unwrapped his present from me, which was Mario Kart and Metroid Prime Triology for the Wii.

I don't think I've ever seen a man that confused before. His face had an expression I did not know existed outside comic-books.

It was precious.

We ended up with the following Wii set-up at the end:

  • 25th Anniversary Edt. Wii with New Super Mario Bros, original Donkey Kong and Wii Sports.
  • Metroid Prime Triology
  • Black Wiimote with Wii Motion Plus + Black Nunchuck
  • Mario Kart + Wheel
  • Wii Fit Plus (Board and game)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Now I really gotta find a couple of the games I've been dying to try out. The latest Raving Rabbids, Epic Mickey.. Ack!

3 comments:

Zhiva said...

You are the best girlfriend ever! Buying Metroid for Jerry... Priceless.

About Epic Mickey. Stay away! Its actually Epic Fail Mickey...

And if you have a spare usb hdd, plus 10 minutes and an SD card, magic can happen.

Hanne // Skam said...

But... Its Disney! :(

What magic are you talking about btw?

Zhiva said...

Its disney yes, but it doesnt equal good game, unfortunatly.

Magic like in softmod, so easy even George W. Bush could do it.