1/3/11

Steam Holiday Sale Lootbag


I bet you guys have rolled your eyes plenty times when girls wiggle of glee over the sound of the word "Sale".
Like my little sister said when she visited me last summer here in Gothenburg; "Rea (sale) is the most beautiful Swedish word that is."

Now imagine that their glee over 50% off trousers, shirts, dresses, six-pences, pantaloons and what-not is somewhere close to what you felt, oh avid gamer, when you saw Steam's holiday sale. And I gotta admit, as much as I do love shoes and shiny things and colors you can actually wear and not just look at, it exited me more then any clothing sale could ever do.

Granted we didn't buy that much, I would have liked to buy a lot more.. The steam sale is just a too good opportunity to pass up on getting some of the games you'd thought about playing but never got around to. The Indie Packs were hilariously cheap though and almost made me feel bad about not spending more on all those great games.

Here's what I ended up with:

  • Indie Brain Pack:
  1. Zen Bound 2
  2. Diamond Dan
  3. Puzzle Bots
  4. Windosill
  5. Big Brain Wolf

  • Indie Adventure Pack:
  1. Mr Robot
  2. Jolly Rover
  3. Gish
  4. Samorost 2
  5. And Yet it Moves

  • Indie Heavy Hitters:
  1. Audiosurf
  2. Braid
  3. Osmos
  4. Shattered Horizon
  5. The Maw
  6. Zero Clash
  7. Trine (Had this already)
  8. World of Goo (Had this already)
  • The Ball
  • Greed Corp
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R pack:
    1. Shadow of Chernobyl
    2. Call of Pripyat

2 comments:

Zhiva said...

If I knew you didnt have them, I would have bought you the Humble Indie Bundles. Bought two of them last week, and gave away one. Awesome games for "Pay what you want". Might be open yet. And you can give the money to Childs Play and EFF at the same time.

And now that you got a WII: Go buy the Bit.Trip-games on WiiWare. You will not regret it. Or, your fingers will after the addiction kicks in.

Hanne // Skam said...

Yeah I missed out on the Humble Bundle unfortunately. :( Thanks though, and Ill check it out!