2/11/11

My pictures from our Disney Vacation

Realized I still hadn't posted any of my pictures from our vacation, not here or facebook except my profile page.

We went to Disneyworld for my birthday (Sep 1st) last year and stayed for 12 days. It was great! During all our time together this was the first time we actually had a proper vacation to ourselves, its always either been with family or in connection with Entropia. It was needed, especially after a very stressful year. It did wonders, and I would really love to go back either in 2011 or 2012. I know my family is heading there this summer, and I envy them sooo bad!

The new Harry Potter area of Universal Studios had just opened when we got there, and that's just one amazing area. In general Universal haven't been as good at creating any specific feeling when you walk through their themes, but they really made up for it with the Harry Potter area. Its got everything from butterbeer to the Hogwarts Express, silly shops and a friggin lifesize Hogwart. Walking around there really brings up that feeling, but Im still biased towards Frontierland in Magic Kingdom as the best there is.

So anyway here goes. Going to limit the pictures of course, Im sure you're not all too interested in seeing flamingos from 10 different angles, and tbh Im not very interested in posting them.

We travelled Gothenburg - Amsterdam - Atlanta -Orlando. While waiting in Amsterdam, we figured we'd geek it up a little.


Sparta, Athens, Rome... Sure we're on the right plane?


Jerry had 1 wish and 1 wish for our trip only: Visiting a Dunkin Donuts. Atlanta Airport took care of that.

Went down to Rainforest Cafè as soon as we got there. They then lost our reservation and we had to wait 1/2 hour to be seated.


But at least we got drinks in disco-cups!

We got the glasses to go. Inside the bottom there's like a little disco ball thing that lights up if you press the bottom. When we got home, one of these buttons got stuck. The glass wouldn't stop discoing until a week later when it ran out of batteries.

But it was a good drink!


Man vs. Lego-dragon in "Strike a pose".


"Glazed Holes", seriously!? WTF is wrong with you people?


Spent my birthday at Magic Kingdom with a big-ass button on my shirt saying I had birthday. I dont think Ive ever said "thank you" more often, those Disneyworld employees are well drilled in being friendly and forthcoming. Thats one of the things that makes me prefer Disney over the other parks; the people that work there really seem to be having a great time too.

Mary Poppins Chimney guy was really happy to see a birthday-girl.

I thought she was waving, but seeing this picture, I think she was screaming for help.



How IS a raven like a writing desk? The teacups are obligatory.
Also, big ass boob button.


Decided my Birthday dinner would be held at the best little italian resturant; Portobello. They do this great thing where they ovenbake a whole ginger with oliveoil and serve it with this gorgeous bread. Its too good for words.

Also, lovely drinks, and a lovely companion.



Funnily enough our server had her birthday too this fine evening. she was nice. Also she brought me birthday-cake on the house.

Our day at Universal was... rainy. I had to stop taking photos after this one, because of condensation on the lens. We fixed it with the hairdryer at the hotel later though.
In proper Florida spirit, the rain lasted until we were walking down the street with water reaching up half my leg.


Sea World:




*applause*

American Apperizer. Portions in the US are effin crazy. Several times we ordered appertizers and it looked like it could feed a family of four, not just ONE person as it was meant for.

Animal Kingdom. Mount Everest is cool!


Hogwarts! At Universal Studios Island of Adventure.


Ha Ha! We found a ride we couldn't take because we're too tall. And Jerry was wearing my "Judge me by my size, do you" t-shirt. It was golden.


1 comment:

Desirée said...

Koselig å se bilder fra ferien dokkers :) Ser ut som dokker koste dokker stort! Glæde mæ til ferien våres også :)

Klem!