2/4/11

Rift me back!

Im currently playing the Rift beta and it seems I fell down into a rabbit hole...

I was out swimming, doing a mission, when suddenly I got fatigue loss. Since I hadn't seen any form of fatigue measurement before this sort of took me by surprise, I went up to the surface to breathe thinking that had anything to do with it by no. Fatigue went down even when breathing fine and just bobbing in the water without swimming, so I soon found myself dead.

And far, far away. Being a newcomer, I resurrected on spot. I figured I had been teleported to the nearest Defiant resurrection near the newcomer town (for level 6-10 newbs) since thats where I died but no such luck.

Let me show you on a map:



What the HELL?

On the way down to where I died I quickly realized that something was really wrong. I tried to stick to the road but level 14 creatures kept killing me. And there's a level 19 rift right by the ressurect. Yay.

Now you see on number 4 on the map now.. I tried to swim over the pass there as a ghost. Those dotted lines? Serverborders of course. Invisible wall. You should see the way I need to walk to attempt to actually get back to the newb city. There's no way for a level 9 Defiant to get around that path.

Pushing "Stuck" only sends me back to the ressurection on number 2.
So, now Im waiting for GM help to move me back to the newbie playground.

Edit: And Im out! Many thanks to GM Primarch who got me out of there and revived me. It took about 1 hr 20 mins from making the inquiry to getting help, which I assume is a alright time considering they have let the whole darn world betatest this weekend.

2 comments:

Other One said...

You have just experienced karmic revenge for every noob who ever got stuck at an outpost in EU. :p

Hanne // Skam said...

Other One, funny funny :) I used to run noobs back to the city myself back when I was a player. So karma? Nah.