10/31/08

Happy Halloween!

And with all the things thats gross and gooey... 
Im having a gallbladder problem.

Thats right, - Im gonna complain!

It started out yesterday around noon when I felt the right side of my belly hurting a little. While a gallbladder attack usually is over within 5-7 hours for me, this pain have been consistant for over 26-27 hours in this writing moment. The pain isn't as bad as the gallbladder attacks either, but its like Im bitten on the inside repeatedly, a fact my mom responded to by asking if I had swallowed a ferret.

I have had this type of pain before. I had it a couple of days two years ago, before I got high fever and was sent to hospital for emergency surgery. They removed my appendix, thinking that was the evildoer, however it turned out later on that there was nothing wrong with it, and it might in fact have been a gallbladder infection since I had multiple stones forming a conga-line in there. 

If I recall correctly I started getting the pains on a friday then, and I didnt get feverish until sunday noon or something. But the fever hit me hard, and I had well over 40, up to even 41 degrees celcius and had hallusinations and the whole sh'bang.

So Im kinda worried that would happen again.

It occured to me that gallbladder-infections are mostly caused by stones logding in the gallbladder tract, stopping up the system in there. And since the tract is kind of a muscle, Ive taken a muscle relaxing pill, hoping the gallstone will go through, and hence not cause any infection. 
Gallbladder infection is baaad mmkay? Supposedly it can lead to blood poisoning, or in my earlier case, lead me to believe that Im a burgular and that "they" are after me, and in order for nobody to see me I had to lay still in the form of an X. 

Told you I had hallusinations.

Anyway, Im really hoping it will work, and that Im all jolly good until tonight. Because its Halloween, and I have a costume and a awesome friend that Im gonna rock the town with. 

No comments: