10/22/08

Lucid dreaming

Well I decided to take the day off. I need it not only to recoup from the last weeks of superhuman working, but to manage the upcoming weeks of superhuman working.

So it ended up with me sleeping until ca 16:00.
But I didnt get up until 18:30.

In the meantime, I was awake and thinking, listening to sounds and just being in my own little world. And then something strange occured. I acctually was in my own little world.
Instead of rainy and cold Hammerfest I was in a nice suburbian neighbourhood, with blooming flowers and green grass. I had a two story house with a balcony there. I knew very well I was dreaming, but it was so vivid, so real. And not like a dream, I controlled myself fully, and I controlled what happened aswell. What exactly happened, I wont share here ;)

Waking up completely, I was out of the warmth of the sun and under the warmth of the blanket. First I thought it was a nice daydream, but it was so much more then that. Everything I had experienced throughout that dream, I could sense and feel as if it was real.
I had heard of Lucid dreaming once before, but I hadnt really read up on it, so as soon as I got to my computer I googled it.

Wiki Says: "A lucid dream is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream."

And indeed thats what happened. Reading further the type I had seemed to be a WILD, a Wake-Initiated Lucid Dream. I want to experience more of these! Evidently there are ways you can train yourself to enter the Lucid State. 
Concindering how good my dream was.... I might try it out. 

4 comments:

Zhiva said...

Lucid dreaming can be a two-edged blade... I have it too often, and nightmares are a hell to deal with. The biggest problem I see with LD is that you usually use the whole next day dealing with the emotions.

Hanne // Skam said...

I didnt even realize there was such a thing as LD nightmares. I felt I could control so to speak every aspect of my dream
-and with that power it seems impossible I would make it a bad one..

Zhiva said...

Well, every coin has a dirty side. Maybe it's my destructive side that _gives_ myself the nightmare. Tho, it would be a relief to have such a dream you describe. Hell, it would be good to have a good dream for a change.

Hanne // Skam said...

Gotcha :/
Such vivid nightmares does seem scary.
I mean Ive had vivid nightmares aswell, woken up with high pulse and running in place, or hopping out of bed. Im quite a strong dreamer I suppose. But I dont think Ive ever had a Nightmare such as a lucid dream, where you can feel every touch, smell, breath ++

As you said tho, dealing with the emotions after waking up -thats true, I did that. But the dealing I did was mostly enjoying it, and wishing I was back in the dream.