10/19/08

Miss Calypso -A Model Citizen?


Well while Im in on the whole fashion scene talking, 
Miss Calypso is coming up shortly! 

The contest is in november, and get this -this year we're getting goverment, I mean MindArk, funding. I can't say what it will be -because frankly I dont know. 

The hope is a traditional sash and crown - or some item that will have some historical and decorational value in Entropia, exactly like the miss'es themself, so to speak. 
This is the 5th year Miss Calypso is being held, and just like in real life we're crowning next years miss, so this time its Miss Calypso 2009 that will be crowned.

My own history with Miss Calypso have been a long one.

When Miss Calypso was first held in 2003 I was a mere noob, but already hitting the fashion scene hard. I just didnt know, at the time, that there was a actual community for it inside what was then known as Project Entropia.
I didnt attend that year, although I might have done if I wasn't so sceptical at the time. Singular (the event organizer) approched me on the street in Port Atlantis, opened a chat and said something akin to "Hi there ;) You look great, you should enter my fashion competition". 
I think I said "maybe" but thought "Freak!" and pretty much ran away. Well, all the girls learn that there is pervs on the internet, right?

In 2004 I had learned that Miss Calypso was a actual contest, and it had been won by sigge that year. Whoops, had I thought wrong. So I decided, why not try out for the next one. I did, Roulette won.. but I came second. In 2004 I had marked myself a little more in the game, and alot more on the fashion scene. 

The next one I was determined to win. 
I stacked up on red and white paint for half a year before I got my master coat colored by Sarah. This was the first major item colored red, and nobody had seen such a piece before. I made it one month before Miss Calypso was scheduled, but I kept it secret all that time. It was so incredibly hard, you cant imagine! I secretly wore it while hunting, and took it off as soon as a green dot hit the radar.
I also made myself a Dark Blue evening gown, which was a very rare and expensive color back before the paint stack change. Hell, I even rehearsed my scene-routine! I was ready.
And I won. 

That year I did charity noob-work quite alot with my new found Miss-title. I did teleporter-runs and small events, the most memorable perhaps being the "Skamta Claus Xmas Giveaway" one, where me and my santa helpers hid lots of items for several 100's of peds worth in town, and then released the noobs to run and find them. It was alot of fun, and a tradition Ive kept going since.

The next Miss C I decided to skip. I didnt want to defend my (non-existing) crown, but rather let someone else try it out.  So I acted as a judge, and fell for Violet's unique look. She was a worthy Miss, and I was almost feeling a little proud to have such a great successor. Weird how it works, no? I also judged on the male equilent to the pageant, He-Man. I've been a judge there for I think most of the years it have been running. 

Last year I wasnt sure if I was going to go or not. I felt a little like my name had been used up and that I was sort of overexposed, as I had gotten alot of attention. I felt like a combination of "old hag" and "veteran", and didnt think that the runway was the right place for me, even if my pixelbutt was ever so good-looking. I hadn't really prepared anything because of that, but I wanted some friends of mine to go and it would help if I went then. And if I was going to go anyway, then hell -Id prove momma got style still.
So I ended up on second place again, which I was happy with. Not too much exposure, but still proved I could still strut my stuff.

After that I decided Id leave the runway for good.
I joined up with Singular in organizing the event, and since Hurrikane had gotten the jackets for WoF, I thought it wouldnt hurt to try to get that crown and sash we always wanted for the pageant. 

Now, when Im finally off the runway, we might get it. But Im happy about it, very happy.  :) 

No comments: